Section 1 – Mastercard Digital Gift Card & Pays-enabled Card Terms and Conditions
For the purpose of these terms:
a. ‘We, Us and Our’ means Mastercard Digital Gift Card distributed by 545490 Ops Pty Ltd, ABN 48 659 671 315 (‘Karta Ops’);
b. ‘You’ means the recipient of the Card;
c. ‘Pays’ means Apple Pay or Google Pay;
d. ‘Karta App’, means the application/App on a mobile phone or wearable device that allows you to store a Card to the Device; and
e. ‘Mastercard Digital Gift Card’, ‘Gift Card’ and ‘Card’ means the Mastercard Digital Gift Card & Pays-enabled Card issued by 545490 Pty Ltd, ABN 83 648 605 225 trading as Karta Co (‘Karta’) and distributed by 545490 Ops Pty Ltd.
How the Card works and where you can use it
1. The Mastercard Digital Gift Card is a Mastercard prepaid gift card that can be used for purchasing goods and services, where the Card is accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions). The Card can be used like a debit card and cannot be linked to any deposit account. Please note, some merchants may choose to not accept the Card.
2. The Card cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the Card’s available balance. To complete such a transaction, you will need to pay the difference by another method, if the merchant agrees.
3. The Card is not reloadable and may be subject to value limits. It is only valid and useable until the expiry date shown on the Karta App. Both the Card and the value on the card has an expiry (usually between 12 to 36 months from date of activation).
4. Once issued to You, the Card must be activated by using a 6-digit code used for verifying your Karta App and/or during an identification verification check (“Activation Code”), within 60 minutes of receiving the code. If you do not enter the code in time, you can request a new code to be sent.
5. The Card can only be used subject to the merchant’s terms and conditions. Authorisations may be declined at some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants who we choose or those that do not to accept the Card). We are not liable in any way when authorisation is declined for any particular transaction, except where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part.
6. We will not charge any fees for using the Card. However, some merchants may charge you for using the Card and such fees may be deducted from the balance of your Card at the time of the transaction.
7. You are responsible for all transactions on the Card, except where there has been fraud or negligence by our employees or agents. If you notice any error relating to the Card, you should immediately notify Customer Service by sending an email to email@example.com.
8. If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a merchant, you must deal directly with the merchant involved. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the merchant, you can contact Customer Service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. You are responsible for checking your transaction history, knowing the available balance, date of expiry and pin for the Card, all of which is available to you on your Karta App.
10. We are not liable in circumstances where you have other cards stored on your Device for payment and you inadvertently use a different Card when using your Device as a payment method. You must ensure that you select the correct card prior to using your Device as a payment method. We note split payments online or via physical POS payments are dependent on merchant discretion. Karta Ops is not liable in circumstances where split payments are not accepted.
11. We are not liable for:
14. We may restrict, halt or stop the use of the Card if suspicious or illegal activities are noticed.
15. Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant. Refunds may be in the form of applying a credit to the Card, cash refund or in-store credit, which is at the Merchants discretion. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not the original transaction being refunded was made using the Card) then you will have no access to those funds. Refunds will not be provided for accidental or negligent purchases.
Queries and Complaints
16. If you have a query about the Card, you should initially contact Karta Ops at any of the following: email@example.com
Privacy and Information Collection
Where you do not provide some or all of the information requested by Karta Ops we may be unable to provide you with a product or service.
Providing your information to others
18. Karta Ops may provide your information:
19. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy policies and procedures. We welcome your feedback.
20. Additionally, if you wish to make a general complaint about our services, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org addressing your complaint to the Complaints Officer. If you need to resolve an issue or make a complaint about how we collect, use or store your personal information, please contact us directly at email@example.com addressing your complaint to the Privacy Officer.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing, and its associated rules, regulatory guides and regulations. (“AML”)
21. You acknowledge and agree that:
Changes to Terms and Conditions
22. We may change or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time and any changes to these Terms and Conditions can be viewed on the Karta website. By continuing to use the website you will be deemed to accept any variation of these terms. We will make any changes in accordance with any applicable legislation and industry codes. If we believe a change is unfavourable to you, we will usually give you 7 days’ notice or no notice if the change is in accordance with law and industry codes.
23. These Conditions of Use are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of NSW, Australia. Any dispute arising from your receipt or use of a Card is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of NSW, Australia.
24. You agree to access and use the Mastercard Digital Gift Card in accordance with our requirement that your use be reasonable. In particular, by accessing the Mastercard Digital Gift Card, you agree and acknowledge that:
a. all access to our services is subject to reasonable use; and
b. where we think your usage is unreasonable, we may suspend or refuse access to the services and your account for legitimate business, prudential or regulatory reasons.
We aim to provide a quality service to all our clients at all times. The reasonable use requirement is designed to ensure that no customer is unfairly disadvantaged by the behaviour of other customers. If at any time we think a customer’s usage may disadvantage other clients, we may suspend, restrict or refuse access to our services.
1. The Karta App is operated by or on behalf of 545490 Pty Ltd distributed by 545490 Ops Pty Ltd, ABN 48 659 671 315 (“Karta Ops”) and its related bodies corporate (together “We, Us, Our and Mastercard Digital Gift Card”).
User and Intellectual Property Rights
3. You are provided with access to it only for your personal and non-commercial use. Other than for these permitted purposes, and for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under statutes that apply in your location, you may not, in any form or by any means:
4. All rights in this website and the content on this website including copyright, design rights, patents, inventions, knowhow, database rights, trademarks, source codes and any other intellectual property rights in any of the foregoing are reserved to Karta Ops and/or their content and technology providers. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos (the “Marks”) displayed on the website are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. These Marks may be registered or unregistered marks of Karta Ops. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
5. Copyright in the information contained in this site subsists under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and, through international treaties, the laws of many other countries. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, no part of this publication may be otherwise reproduced, adapted, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping or by storage in an information retrieval system) without the specific written consent of Karta Ops. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any other person’s or entity’s trademark which is displayed on this website without their express permission.
You may not remove, change or obscure the Karta logo or any notices of proprietary rights on any content of this website.
Disclaimer and liability
6. The content on this website (including any publications) is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters of interest. It is not intended to be comprehensive nor does it constitute financial or legal advice. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content. Karta Ops does not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. Subject to any terms implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Karta Ops accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information in this site. Information provided on Karta Ops as to future matters are not guaranteed to be accurate and any statements as to past performance do not represent future performance. Words implying natural persons include partnerships, incorporated bodies, associations and public authorities. All fees and charges are inclusive of GST, unless otherwise stated.
Links and Subscriptions
7. Any information provided by third party data suppliers has not been verified by Karta Ops. Karta Ops does not make any representation or warranty as to the timeliness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of the material, nor does it accept any responsibility arising in any way for errors in, or omissions from that material. Your use of any link to a linked website is entirely at your own risk. This website may contain links to other websites solely for your convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We do not endorse, recommend or approve of any information, products or services referred to on such linked sites and assumes no responsibility for the contents of any other website to which this website offers links. Where you have received a message via email, the message is intended only for the addressee and contains information which may be confidential. Where you download or print copies of any information contained in this email, you acknowledge that it is for your personal and private use, and that it may not be reproduced, republished, broadcast or otherwise distributed without Karta Ops’ prior written consent.
Personal Logins and Restricted Areas
8. We reserve the right to implement areas which allow users to login in and us to access personal materials. By creating a login, you are responsible for the security of your login information. Any restricted areas must not be accessed without permission or authorisation. If your account is compromised as a result of failure to secure your login details, we are not liable for any losses you sustain as a result.
10. When choosing a PIN, avoid obvious number combinations, sequences, or your birthday. Never share your PIN, memorise it and don’t write it down. Otherwise you may be liable for unauthorised transactions. You should check your statements and advise us if you think there has been unauthorised charges.
11. Once you confirm the deletion of your account, the account will be scheduled for deletion and immediately deactivated, preventing you from logging in to the account and accessing our services. After you delete your account, you will have a 5 days cooling period, during which time you can cancel the deletion and reactivate your account. Where you reactivate your account in this period, your account will be fully restored and active. Once this period is over, your account will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. If you wish to continue using our services after your account has been deleted, you will be required to create a new account with us.
Please note, we will keep a record of your deletion request and any other relevant account information required under relevant laws and regulations.
If you have any questions or issues relating to deleting your account, you can contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions | © Western Digital Campaigns